Sunday, June 5, 2016

The one with "quotes,stories,comments"

              Lastly, I read forum's topic which was very special to me. It gave me a lot of motivation, comprehension and enterteinment. Now my goal isn't just writting a post here like I did in the past, I just want to have a place where I can hide these words and back to them whenever I want. So this is a first post which I write for myself( sorry guys ). I will mention some of these words and stories here, which I regarded as a very powerful. So the tittle of theard was " What is something someone said that changed your way of thinking forever?" and here some of comments,quotes and stories which I like the most.

"You will meet people that see a lot more in you than you see in yourself. It’s crazy and kind of unbelievable, but that’s what love is."

"
How you live each day is how you live your life.
Simplistic, I know. Up until the point that I heard that from a friend, I had all these awesome ideas of who I was, who I was gonna be and what I wanted to do, but hearing this made me realize I wasn't going to do or be any of the things I thought unless I started living them each day. "

"There's no need to thank me. It's an honor to do good."

"We judge ourselves by our intentions but others by their actions"

 "If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room. "

"Do you feel victory when your words cause pain?"

As a teenager I started pouting after a coach yelled at me. He looked at me said "the time to worry is when I quit yelling at you because that means I've decided you're not worth the effort".

Sounds cliche and stupid but
"Don't let anyone or anything live in your head for rent free"
Heard that on my first day in drug treatment. Almost have two years sober

I was in San Francisco on a school trip and I went out of our hostel for a cigarette. I was going through some shit at the time and wasn't handling it well. A homeless man came up and asked for a cig, so I gave him one and he sat and smoked with me. He asked what was bothering me, so I told him I was having some trouble with my girlfriend but I was okay, and he told me something I've never forgotten.
"Son, stop pretending you're okay. You're not okay. Sometimes in life shit happens and you won't be okay, but that's okay."

Never make fun of someone for things they can't change.






No comments:

Post a Comment